Vintage Kimono: Circa1960-70's Peony motif Silk Long Sleeved Furisode Kimono
Period: circa 1960-70's
Material: Silk (both sides)
Pattern: Flower (peonies, symbol of beauty)
Furusode is a full length long dropped sleeve ceremonial kimono in Japan. Often furisode kimono are worn by young ladies who celebrate their coming of age ceremony, or graduation ceremonies as well as wedding ( as a guest) or new year celebrations or temple / shrine prigrimage.
The material is smooth silk jacquard and resist dye of peony flowers. Peony represent 'beauty' or 'beautiful lady' in Japanese kimono design. The peonies are outlined with gold colour lines.
Both sides are silk, all hand sewn and handmade. The edge of hem is dyed in orange, it subtly reveal when you walk.
Shoulder: cm /nches
Pit to pit: cm / inches
Length: 157 cm / 61.8 nches
Sleeve width: cm / inches
Sleeve length (drop) : 104 cm / 40.94 inche
Excellent vintage condition.
This kimono is approximately 50-60 years old but we don't see any noticeable faults.
We aim to describe the kimono as accurate as possible.
Extra images will be available on request.
Size: free size
Kimonos are almost rectangle shape so that they fit a lot of types of body shape.
Please check the measurements. The torso is UK 10 size body.
All measurements are taken from the back when the kimono is placed on a flat surface. The measurements are approximate.
Please contact if you have any questions before the purchase.
All sales on Furuki Yo-Kimono VIntage (vender's name) are final, so please check the photos and measurements carefully. Extra images will be available on request.
Thank you for looking.
Furuki Yo-Kimono Vintage
- Payment can be made through PayPal or ETSY Direct checkout. You can pay through PayPal using a credit card without signing up for a PayPal account.
- Payment must be made within 36 hours of purchase. If it is not, the sale will be canceled and appropriate feedback left. Please contact if you have problems.
I ship within 5 working days via Royal Mail 1st class signed for (with proof of delivery) in the UK . I can upgrade to Royal Mail Special Delivery (trackable and £500 compensation) if you prefer- please convo me for options and a quote.
For international shipping, I ship via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed (Delivery confirmation available) , if you prefer cheaper option or upgrade please contact me.
For more information, visit http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- All sales are final.
- Color may vary from monitor to monitor; returns are not accepted for reasons to do with color.
- Returns are not accepted if something doesn't fit, so please be familiar with your measurements. I'm happy to provide any additional information / measurements that you might need.
- All of my items are vintage and pre-loved unless mentioned. I do my best to note any flaws, however, it is possible that a garment may have a small flaw that has accidentally been overlooked. I will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
- Returns of this nature must be return postmarked within 3 days of receipt, and received in the condition in which they were sent out. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
For wholesale enquiries please feel free to contact me.