Circa 1920s Vintage Silk Nagajuban Kimono: "Tokkofuji"(独鈷藤) Wisteria Stripe Pattern Tie-dye,Blue x Lilac Purple
Period: circa 1920s
Pattern: "Tokkofuji"(独鈷藤) Wisteria Stripe Pattern Tie-dye
"Tokko fuji"(独鈷藤) is a pattern of long wisteria row. Tokko is a gold stick and one of tools of Esoteric Buddhism（密教）ceremony, which is believed to break disturbing emotions (煩悩）. Therefore Tokko is used in kimono patterns as lucky charms. Fuji is wisteria. Repeated wisteria pattern represents fertility,descendants prosperity adn good fortune because of its strong fertility.
This kimono is juban or nagajuban which is a type of underkimono. Female under kimono are often red, orange or creamy colours. So this blight blue is rare to find. The tye dye is beatufully done by hand.
All handmade, hand sewing.
Shoulder: 61 cm / 24.01 inches
Pit to pit: 61 cm / 24.01 inches
Length: 120 cm / 47.24 inches
Sleeve width: 33 cm / 13 inches
Sleeve length: 48 cm / 18.89 inches
All measurements are taken from the back when the kimono is placed on a flat surface.
The measurements are approximate.
Good vintage condition.
Some parts were repaired by the former owner by stitching which makes this kimono more unique.
There are some light stains and a few very small holes but it is not very noticeable while wearing. Although this has some marks and mending parts we find it more charming than the brand new kimono.
I try to describe the kimono as accurate as possible.
(please see pictures for closer looks).
Size: free size
kimonos are box-shape. it will fit many sizes.
There are much more kimonos in our instagram or even more kimonos in my physical shop in East London.
If you are interested, please check my instagram or facebook.
Instagram & Facebook account: @furukiyokimonovintage
THE SHOP ADDRESS :
Furuki Yo-KImono Vintage,
Pod 15, The Factory, 21-31 Shacklwell Lane, London E8 2DA
Please contact us if you have any questions before the purchase.
All sales in my shop are FINAL.
- Payment can be made through PayPal or ETSY Direct checkout. You can pay through PayPal using a credit card without signing up for a PayPal account.
- Payment must be made within 36 hours of purchase. If it is not, the sale will be canceled and appropriate feedback left. Please contact if you have problems.
I ship within 5 working days via Royal Mail 1st class signed for (with proof of delivery) in the UK . I can upgrade to Royal Mail Special Delivery (trackable and £500 compensation) if you prefer- please convo me for options and a quote.
For international shipping, I ship via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed (Delivery confirmation available) , if you prefer cheaper option or upgrade please contact me.
For more information, visit http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- All sales are final.
- Color may vary from monitor to monitor; returns are not accepted for reasons to do with color.
- Returns are not accepted if something doesn't fit, so please be familiar with your measurements. I'm happy to provide any additional information / measurements that you might need.
- All of my items are vintage and pre-loved unless mentioned. I do my best to note any flaws, however, it is possible that a garment may have a small flaw that has accidentally been overlooked. I will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
- Returns of this nature must be return postmarked within 3 days of receipt, and received in the condition in which they were sent out. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
For wholesale enquiries please feel free to contact me.