Circa 1920-30's men's Oshima Tsumugi Woven Navy Haori Jacket: Roaring Tiger / Silk Lining
Hand made, hand sewn in Japan.
Oshima Tsumugi is one of the world's three major textiles alongside France's "Gobelin weaving" and Iran's "Persian carpets".
It is created from mud and silk threads, hailing from the Amami Islands in the southern part of Kagoshima Prefecture. Made from 100% silk, it undergoes a process of pre-dyeing the threads before weaving. Handwoven in a plain weave, the intricate pattern is created by interlacing the threads, and when finished, it is designated as a traditional craft under the name "Honba Oshima Tsumugi(本場大島紬)
The Haori kimono is worn on top of a Kimono as a Jacket or coat.
This Haori can be worn reversible. The original side is silk Oshima Tsumugi woven dark textile in indigo dyed navy colour. However because of the striking tiger roaring pattern on the back of lining, and also fully lined, this haori are often worn inside out.
Period: Circa 1920-30s
Material: Oshima Tsumugi Woven / Silk
Pattern: Plain / Navy
Inside: Silk lining with a roaring Tiger motif print
Size: free size
kimonos are almost box-shape. it will fit many sizes. Please check the measurements.
We checked with Men in European M-L size, they could wear comfortably. But please check the measurements.
Shoulder 70 cm / 27.55 inches
Pit to pit: 61 cm / 24 inches
Length: 91 cm / 35.8 inches
Sleeve width: 36 cm / 14.17 inches
Sleeve length: 46 cm / 17.71 inches
All measurements are taken from the back when the kimono is placed on a flat surface.
The measurements are approximate.
Excellent vintage condition. This kimono is approximately 100 years old. There is a slight stain on pit inside. There may be mild sign of age, however, except that, I don't find major stains, damages or faults on the outside fabric. I try to describe the kimono as accurate as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or further images.
(please see pictures for closer looks).
If you would like to collect this in the shop in Dalston, East London, please contact.
We could make a refund the postage.
There are much more kimonos in our instagram or even more kimonos in my physical shop in East London.
If you are interested, please check my instagram or facebook.
Instagram & Facebook account: @furukiyokimonovintage
THE SHOP ADDRESS :
Furuki Yo-KImono Vintage,
Pod 15, The Factory, 21-31 Shacklwell Lane, London E8 2DA
Please contact us if you have any questions before the purchase.
All sales in my shop are FINAL.
- Payment can be made through PayPal or ETSY Direct checkout. You can pay through PayPal using a credit card without signing up for a PayPal account.
- Payment must be made within 36 hours of purchase. If it is not, the sale will be canceled and appropriate feedback left. Please contact if you have problems.
I ship within 5 working days via Royal Mail 1st class signed for (with proof of delivery) in the UK . I can upgrade to Royal Mail Special Delivery (trackable and £500 compensation) if you prefer- please convo me for options and a quote.
For international shipping, I ship via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed (Delivery confirmation available) , if you prefer cheaper option or upgrade please contact me.
For more information, visit http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- All sales are final.
- Color may vary from monitor to monitor; returns are not accepted for reasons to do with color.
- Returns are not accepted if something doesn't fit, so please be familiar with your measurements. I'm happy to provide any additional information / measurements that you might need.
- All of my items are vintage and pre-loved unless mentioned. I do my best to note any flaws, however, it is possible that a garment may have a small flaw that has accidentally been overlooked. I will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
- Returns of this nature must be return postmarked within 3 days of receipt, and received in the condition in which they were sent out. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
For wholesale enquiries please feel free to contact me.