SOLD / SUKI Silk Clutch OBI Upcycled Sukiya-bukuro (Gold x Blue Chrysanthemum & Seawave)
This item is sold out. It will be removed from this website soon. Please do not buy.
Hand crafted, hand sewn in Japan.
Material: vintage silk woven obi. ( lining silk is new).
Pattern: sea waves and Chrysanthemum
Colour: Blue & Gold (other colour and patterns please see the picture no.7)
-The clutch comes in a new Kiri paulownia wooden box. Kiri (Paulownia) is commonly used for kimono drawers because of its well known insect repellent effect.
Approx. 21cm x 15cm (Clutch)
This clutch bag has been made from a vintage obi sash belt (new product as a clutch).
Only a couples of clutches can be made from the same obi, depending on each vintage obi.
This clutch was made by a Japanese kimono seamstress based in Kyushu, a southern island of Japan. She hand-picks high-quality vintage obi to create the bags, meaning that each one is completely unique.
This type of clutch bags were originally called Sukiya bukuro in Japan. Sukiya bukuro are small purses in which accessories relating to the Japanese tea ceremony are kept. Usually, sukiya bukuro sizes are vary depending on their final use.
The same products were sold in the KIMONO: Kyoto to Catwalk exhibition shop in the Victoria & Albert Museum in London in 2020. Furuki Yo-Kimono and the V&A buyers carefully selected the obi and custom ordered to SUKI. The Kimono exhibition finished, Clutches made from the same obi sashes are now available in our shop in London.
Approx. 21cm x 15cm (Clutch)
There are much more kimonos in our instagram or even more kimonos in my physical shop in East London.
If you are interested, please check my instagram or facebook.
Instagram & Facebook account: @furukiyokimonovintage
THE SHOP ADDRESS :
Furuki Yo-KImono Vintage,
Pod 15, The Factory, 21-31 Shacklwell Lane, London E8 2DA
Please contact us if you have any questions before the purchase.
All sales in my shop are final.
- Payment can be made through PayPal or ETSY Direct checkout. You can pay through PayPal using a credit card without signing up for a PayPal account.
- Payment must be made within 36 hours of purchase. If it is not, the sale will be canceled and appropriate feedback left. Please contact if you have problems.
I ship within 5 working days via Royal Mail 1st class signed for (with proof of delivery) in the UK . I can upgrade to Royal Mail Special Delivery (trackable and £500 compensation) if you prefer- please convo me for options and a quote.
For international shipping, I ship via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed (Delivery confirmation available) , if you prefer cheaper option or upgrade please contact me.
For more information, visit http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- All sales are final.
- Color may vary from monitor to monitor; returns are not accepted for reasons to do with color.
- Returns are not accepted if something doesn't fit, so please be familiar with your measurements. I'm happy to provide any additional information / measurements that you might need.
- All of my items are vintage and pre-loved unless mentioned. I do my best to note any flaws, however, it is possible that a garment may have a small flaw that has accidentally been overlooked. I will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
- Returns of this nature must be return postmarked within 3 days of receipt, and received in the condition in which they were sent out. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
For wholesale enquiries please feel free to contact me.