This item is sold. please do not buy.
Postwar 1940-50's Cotton Kasuri Woven Hanten Haori Work Jacket: Navy x White Dots Pattern
Period: circa 1940-50's
Material: Cotton Kasuri woven
Pattern: Indigo Navy and White dots pattern
Inside material: Mixed fabric patterned lining
Reversible ( both sides seamless), and unisex.
Outside textile is called Kasuri (絣）, it is type of Japanese traditional ikat weaving. because kasuri is tough textile it is often used in traditional Japanese workwear such as farmers work kimono.
Inside fabric was not able to specify. The pattern is Old Japanese playing cards called Hyakunin Isshu (百人一首). It is the old card game to match each picture and poem.
It is not very common that Kasuri ikat kimono has such playful lining. Because ikat kimono is often workwear. Therefore I presure this kimono was made for someone who loved Kasuri textile but not for work purpose.
Shoulder 62 cm / 24.4 inches
Pit to pit: 61 cm / 24.01 inches
Length: 95 cm / 37.4 inches
Sleeve width: 32 cm / 12.6 inches
Sleeve length: 34 cm / 13.38 inches
All measurements are taken from the back when the kimono is placed on a flat surface.
The measurements are approximate.
Great vintage condition. There may be mild sign of age however, I don't find other major stains, damages or faults. I try to describe the kimono as accurate as possible.
(please see pictures for closer looks).
Size: free size
kimonos are almost box-shape. it will fit many sized. The mannequin in the photos is female UK size 10. But it looks like loose enough for larger sizes.
There are much more kimonos in our instagram or even more kimonos in my physical shop in East London.
If you are interested, please check my instagram or facebook. Please check the measurements.
Instagram & Facebook account: @furukiyokimonovintage
THE SHOP ADDRESS :
Furuki Yo-KImono Vintage,
Pod 15, The Factory, 21-31 Shacklwell Lane, London E8 2DA
Please contact us if you have any questions before the purchase.
All sales in my shop are FINAL.
- Payment can be made through PayPal or ETSY Direct checkout. You can pay through PayPal using a credit card without signing up for a PayPal account.
- Payment must be made within 36 hours of purchase. If it is not, the sale will be canceled and appropriate feedback left. Please contact if you have problems.
I ship within 5 working days via Royal Mail 1st class signed for (with proof of delivery) in the UK . I can upgrade to Royal Mail Special Delivery (trackable and £500 compensation) if you prefer- please convo me for options and a quote.
For international shipping, I ship via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed (Delivery confirmation available) , if you prefer cheaper option or upgrade please contact me.
For more information, visit http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- All sales are final.
- Color may vary from monitor to monitor; returns are not accepted for reasons to do with color.
- Returns are not accepted if something doesn't fit, so please be familiar with your measurements. I'm happy to provide any additional information / measurements that you might need.
- All of my items are vintage and pre-loved unless mentioned. I do my best to note any flaws, however, it is possible that a garment may have a small flaw that has accidentally been overlooked. I will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
- Returns of this nature must be return postmarked within 3 days of receipt, and received in the condition in which they were sent out. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
For wholesale enquiries please feel free to contact me.