Circa 1920-30s Vintage Silk Beni Red Jacquard Nagajuban for Special Occasion Under Kimono
Period: circa 1920-30s
Pattern: phoenix (symbol of Eternal youth, immortality and peace), flower, temari ball (symbols of fortune), pattern jacquard silk
This nagajuban (under kimono) robe is made from luxury soft BENI (safflower) flower dyed red silk fabric and it is made to be worn under furisode (super long drop sleeve fulll length kimono for special occasions. Beni plant is a precious flower in Japan, and it is also used for geisha's make ups or consumed as a food. It was popular to wear beni dyed red silk under kimono or beni-lined kimono in pre-wartime. However, because it is time consuming and expensive to grow beni, especially make a fermented traditional and natural fermented beni dye, beni-dyed silk is not often used for kimono lining or under kimono.
The texture and colour of beni dyed red silk is precious and distinctive. You can feel the elegance when you wear this nagajuban.
Shoulder 64 cm / 25 inches
Pit to pit: 62 cm / 24.3 inches
Length: 122 cm / 48 inches
Sleeve width: 32 cm / 12.5 inches
Sleeve length: 53 cm / 21 inches
A sash does not comes with this kimono, however we have a silk narrow sash (koshi himo) which is also made from a similar vintage beni dyed red silk fabric. They are not exactly same, but very similar, so it is great to match. Please contact if you'd like to buy the sash too.
All measurements are taken from the back when the kimono is placed on a flat surface.
The measurements are approximate.
Good vintage condition.
There is a small colour transfer on lining but it is not noticeable while wearing.
There may be mild sign of age, however, except that, I don't find other major stains, damages or faults. I try to describe the kimono as accurate as possible.
(please see pictures for closer looks).
Size: free size
kimonos are box-shape. it will fit many sizes.
There are much more kimonos in our instagram or even more kimonos in my physical shop in East London.
If you are interested, please check my instagram or facebook.
Instagram & Facebook account: @furukiyokimonovintage
THE SHOP ADDRESS :
Furuki Yo-KImono Vintage,
Pod 15, The Factory, 21-31 Shacklwell Lane, London E8 2DA
Please contact us if you have any questions before the purchase.
All sales in my shop are FINAL.
- Payment can be made through PayPal or ETSY Direct checkout. You can pay through PayPal using a credit card without signing up for a PayPal account.
- Payment must be made within 36 hours of purchase. If it is not, the sale will be canceled and appropriate feedback left. Please contact if you have problems.
I ship within 5 working days via Royal Mail 1st class signed for (with proof of delivery) in the UK . I can upgrade to Royal Mail Special Delivery (trackable and £500 compensation) if you prefer- please convo me for options and a quote.
For international shipping, I ship via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed (Delivery confirmation available) , if you prefer cheaper option or upgrade please contact me.
For more information, visit http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- All sales are final.
- Color may vary from monitor to monitor; returns are not accepted for reasons to do with color.
- Returns are not accepted if something doesn't fit, so please be familiar with your measurements. I'm happy to provide any additional information / measurements that you might need.
- All of my items are vintage and pre-loved unless mentioned. I do my best to note any flaws, however, it is possible that a garment may have a small flaw that has accidentally been overlooked. I will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
- Returns of this nature must be return postmarked within 3 days of receipt, and received in the condition in which they were sent out. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
For wholesale enquiries please feel free to contact me.