This item is sold. Please do not buy.
This item is currently reserved for Rina, Please do not buy.
Circa 1920-30s Vintage Silk Floral Jacquard Dochugi (道中着) Kimono Jacket: Floral Jacquard & Flower Stripe Pattern with Silk Floral Pattern Lining
Period: circa 1920-30s
Material: silk (both sides)
Pattern: Floral Jacquard & Flower Stripe Pattern with Silk plum blossoms & bamboo Pattern Lining
Dochugi (道中着) is a type of work kimono jacket for female which are often worn by female when they do housework . Although it is made for housework, the material is still good kinsa silk jacquard. The details of floral pattern is plum blossoms, kanoko (doe's back dots motif) and bamboo, which are all thought as symbol of fortune and happiness. The cuffs are made small and elastic for easy movements. The lining is pretty and bold plum blossoms and bamboo leaves print silk fabric. Because it is seamless both sides, you could wear inside out too.
Shoulder 62 cm / 24.4 inches
Pit to pit: 61 cm / 24.01 inches
Length: 98.5 cm / 38.77 inches
Sleeve width: 30.5 cm / 12 inches
Sleeve length: 32.5 cm / 12.7 inches
Elastic cuff width: 10 cm / 3.93 inches (This jacket has unique elastic small cuffs. )
All measurements are taken from the back when the kimono is placed on a flat surface.
The measurements are approximate.
Good vintage condition. There are two pinhole size holes on the right side of the lining. But they are not very noticeable and we believe the jacket is still very wearable.
This kimono is approximately 100 years old. There may be mild sign of age, however I don't find any other stains, damages or fault. I try to describe the kimono as accurate as possible.
(please see pictures for closer looks).
Size: free size
kimonos are box-shape. it will fit many sizes.
Please contact us if you have any questions before the purchase.
All sales in my shop are FINAL. Please check the photos and measurements carefully.
There are much more kimonos in our instagram or even more kimonos in my physical shop in East London.
If you are interested, please check my instagram or facebook.
Instagram & Facebook account: @furukiyokimonovintage
THE SHOP ADDRESS :
Furuki Yo-KImono Vintage,
Pod 15, The Factory, 21-31 Shacklwell Lane, London E8 2DA
- Payment can be made through PayPal or ETSY Direct checkout. You can pay through PayPal using a credit card without signing up for a PayPal account.
- Payment must be made within 36 hours of purchase. If it is not, the sale will be canceled and appropriate feedback left. Please contact if you have problems.
I ship within 5 working days via Royal Mail 1st class signed for (with proof of delivery) in the UK . I can upgrade to Royal Mail Special Delivery (trackable and £500 compensation) if you prefer- please convo me for options and a quote.
For international shipping, I ship via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed (Delivery confirmation available) , if you prefer cheaper option or upgrade please contact me.
For more information, visit http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- All sales are final.
- Color may vary from monitor to monitor; returns are not accepted for reasons to do with color.
- Returns are not accepted if something doesn't fit, so please be familiar with your measurements. I'm happy to provide any additional information / measurements that you might need.
- All of my items are vintage and pre-loved unless mentioned. I do my best to note any flaws, however, it is possible that a garment may have a small flaw that has accidentally been overlooked. I will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
- Returns of this nature must be return postmarked within 3 days of receipt, and received in the condition in which they were sent out. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
For wholesale enquiries please feel free to contact me.