SOLD / Circa 1920-30s Vintage Silk Meisen Ikat Flat Woven Kimono
This item is sold. Please do not buy.
This kimono is good example of 1920's -1930's Japanese kimono. The pattern is very Japanese Art Deco. The material Meisen ikat was very popular textile in Japan but this textile was hardly produced after the WW2 because the machine were discontinued until recently. Meisen fabric is thin and lightweight and have very distinctive silk texture.
Period: circa 1920-30s
Material: Silk "Meisen" Ikat flat woven fabric ( fine ponsee silk woven textile)
Pattern: Japanese Art Deco Pink x white x grey Checker with Abstract Pink Margaret / daisy flower
Shoulder 64 cm / 25 inches
Pit to pit: 60 cm / 23.5 inches
Length: 145 cm / 57 inches
Sleeve width: 32cm / 12.5 inches
Sleeve length: 47 cm / 18.5 inches
All measurements are taken from the back when the kimono is placed on a flat surface.
The measurements are approximate. The sash is not included in this listing.
Very good vintage condition. There are small light marks on body and behind the collar but it is not noticeable when wearing.
There also may be mild sign of age, however, except that, I don't find other major stains, damages or faults. I try to describe the kimono as accurate as possible.
(please see pictures for closer looks).
Size: free size
kimonos are box-shape. it will fit many sizes. Please check the measurements. The torso is UK size 10 body.
There are much more kimonos in our instagram or even more kimonos in my physical shop in East London.
If you are interested, please check my instagram or facebook.
Instagram & Facebook account: @furukiyokimonovintage
THE SHOP ADDRESS :
Furuki Yo-KImono Vintage,
Pod 15, The Factory, 21-31 Shacklwell Lane, London E8 2DA
Please contact us if you have any questions before the purchase.
All sales in my shop are FINAL.
- Payment can be made through PayPal or ETSY Direct checkout. You can pay through PayPal using a credit card without signing up for a PayPal account.
- Payment must be made within 36 hours of purchase. If it is not, the sale will be canceled and appropriate feedback left. Please contact if you have problems.
I ship within 5 working days via Royal Mail 1st class signed for (with proof of delivery) in the UK . I can upgrade to Royal Mail Special Delivery (trackable and £500 compensation) if you prefer- please convo me for options and a quote.
For international shipping, I ship via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed (Delivery confirmation available) , if you prefer cheaper option or upgrade please contact me.
For more information, visit http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- All sales are final.
- Color may vary from monitor to monitor; returns are not accepted for reasons to do with color.
- Returns are not accepted if something doesn't fit, so please be familiar with your measurements. I'm happy to provide any additional information / measurements that you might need.
- All of my items are vintage and pre-loved unless mentioned. I do my best to note any flaws, however, it is possible that a garment may have a small flaw that has accidentally been overlooked. I will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
- Returns of this nature must be return postmarked within 3 days of receipt, and received in the condition in which they were sent out. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
For wholesale enquiries please feel free to contact me.